The Higher Institute of English, Nouakchott is a tertiary institution, still in a growth phase. It has high standards of teaching.
The institute will take staff who can contribute to its degree programme, in-service courses and potential research opportunities.
Take a look at our courses on the web site and see if you consider yourself fit for purpose.
Typically HIE require :
- relevant degrees ; Bachelor’s holders will only be considered with high quality experience or with additional professional development certification. Master’s holders in elective subjects are particularly welcomed.
- there is an academic culture here and PhD holders are increasingly important.
- relevant teaching certificate(s) or licences eg. CELTA DELTA PGCE.
- British, Irish and commonwealth native speakers can apply.
- PhD holders are considered from a wider geography including the rest of Europe .