- If you are at home and are displaying symptoms which might indicate the Covid-19 virus, in the first instance, self-isolate, and inform HIE. If symptoms worsen, call the Ministry of Health call centre 1155 number to alert the authorities.
- If you feel unwell during the working day at HIE, in the first instance, alert the Head of Secretariat/Student services. You should inform the Head of Secretariat/Student Services which surfaces you have touched that day (e.g. which toilet used), so that they can be cordoned off and then disinfected. You will be taken to an isolation room until a driver is available for transport home. If necessary, a nurse can be called from the Staff College next door. Once home, you should follow local government instructions as applicable.
- If your temperature reading on arrival at HIE is high and you are not allowed in, the Head of Secretariat will be alerted and you will be taken home.
- Hand-sanitizers, tissues and surface cleaning agents are provided in each classroom and office.
- All staff and students must wear face masks.
- Distancing protocols are to be observed in all classrooms, corridors, shared and public spaces, as well as outside areas.
All multi-user objects, such as photocopiers, are to be cleaned after use.